Change in Customs Simplification Limits – Low Value Limit Changed to € 22 in Turkey
Please be informed that following local Ministry Decisions, a change to Express Operators Simplified clearance limits will come in to effect as of the 26th April 2018.
Simplified Low Value Clearance limits will be reduced from the current value of € 30 to € 22 per shipment.
With Turkey’s Ministry decision nbr 2018/11510 dated the 11th April 2018, which come in to effect on the 26th April, the following limitation and changes apply
· Low Value Simplified Clearance will be limited to € 22.- per shipment.
· Commodities defined as Documents are exempt from Customs (Please refer to TWIG)
· Printed Media & Books up to a value of €150 / 30 Kgs addressed to Private Individuals will be exempt from Customs. Values from €150 to 1500 / 30 Kgs will be subject to % 8
· Some Electric & Electronic Household Appliance up to a value of €22 / 30 Kgs addressed to Private Individuals will be exempt from Customs. Values from €22 to 1500 / 30 Kgs will be subject to 18 / 20 VAT + additional 20% tax.
· Shipments which exceed these limits will require formal clearance and handed over to Importer’s Designated brokers as currently done today.
As a result of these changes, an increase in caged shipments can be expected with effect from the 26th April.